Common Misconceptions About CBD
Posted: Jun 30, 2021
Cannabidiol (CBD) has exploded in the health world. It can be found everywhere from gyms, massage centers, and even gas stations. Despite the widespread availability of CBD, there are many misconceptions that surround this compound.
We’re here to help demystify CBD.
Most Common Misconceptions
- 1 – CBD will get me high.
- The compound in cannabis that produces intoxicating effects is tetrahydrocannabinol, better known as THC. While it is true that both THC and CBD can be psychoactive, Pure Spectrum CBD is non-intoxicating. We chose these words carefully because saying that CBD is non-psychoactive might be misleading considering any substance that has an effect on the brain can be considered psychoactive. For example, caffeine is psychoactive!
- CBD will not get you high, but it can have a relaxing effect – meaning it is psychoactive. Again, you can rest assured that Pure Spectrum products contain zero THC and will not cause intoxication or the feeling of being “high”.
- 2 – CBD will cause me to fail a drug test.
- Most drug tests are only testing for the presence of THC in your system. As long as you are taking a CBD product with zero THC you will pass a drug test. Products that contain trace amounts of THC can cause the THC to build up in your system over time and result in a failed drug test. Pure Spectrum’s products are 100% THC-free so you can confidently use our products and pass a drug test.
- 3 – The more CBD I take, the better it will work.
- CBD is known to be biphasic. This means that CBD can create different effects within the body at different serving sizes. Small servings can help you to feel alert and focused, whereas larger servings promote relaxation. This is why it is important to start low and increase your serving size as needed. You may need different serving sizes in the morning than you do at night. By experimenting with your serving size and time of day, you can identify what works best for you!
- 4 – I can use CBD on an as-needed basis.
- CBD has a cumulative effect, so it is important to take it consistently, especially when first starting out. It can take up to a month for the CBD to build up in your system. Some people can use CBD as needed, however, most do better with daily use. Some customers even take their CBD multiple times per day. Everybody processes CBD differently, so you will need to play around with your serving frequency to find what works best for you. The key to finding what works for you is consistent use and independent analysis.
- 5 – It doesn’t matter where I get my CBD from.
- Choosing a quality CBD product is paramount. The hemp that the CBD is extracted from should be of the highest quality. Low-quality hemp may be treated with toxic chemicals and pesticides that can appear in the finished products. How CBD is extracted from the hemp plant will also have a massive impact on the quality of the final product. When CBD is extracted with solvents such as butane, chemical reactions alter the genetic profile of the compounds. This drastically reduces the overall quality of the product. Not all CBD products are created equally.
- At Pure Spectrum, we’ve got you covered. Our products are created from USDA-certified organic hemp grown here in the USA. We extract our CBD with ethanol to ensure we are providing our customers with cannabinoids of the highest quality.
We know that all the misinformation surrounding CBD makes things confusing, so if you have any questions about our products or CBD in general, please reach out to us via our online chat or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share This Article!